Thursday, March 24, 2011

It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye

Challenged by Mary Kay Ash's grandson Ryan Rogers, Lynda Rose, Vice President of Sales & Marketing for Mary Kay Canada, is stepping into new shoes as an Independent Beauty Consultant from March 16 - 23. Her goal? To complete 10 skin care classes in 7 days. Read on as she shares her emotions and experiences.

March 23

It’s said a journey starts with one simple step; and now, I believe it. I honestly can’t believe that step has taken me to the final day of Lynda’s March Madness.

Class #12 and #13 ended things with a bang!
The first was a men’s class (yes, you read right – a men’s class!)
at our corporate office! And boy oh boy (pun intended) did we have fun!!! The guys were great sports, trying Satin Lips®, select products from the TimeWise® line up, MKMen™ (our skin care line just for the guys), and, of course, a couple of masculine scents (they loved this part!).

And I was astounded at how many of them expressed their “love” for the Satin Hands® Pampering Set!

Notwithstanding the madness of a March snowstorm, my second class of the day – and lucky #13 – was unique. Why? Because my clients were African-Canadian. My hostess was wonderful – and so diligent – managing to have four friends weather the storm. It was cool because I had the opportunity (my first time) to use the bronze foundation shades. Their skin tones ranged from light to dark – and they LOVED the foundations. It was especially satisfying to hear that after years of mixing multiple shades, they were able to find their way to beautiful with a perfect match!!!

I’m so proud that I achieved my goal. And I’m even happier that through my sales, in excess of $7,500 was raised for the Mary Kay Ash Charitable Foundation. But the real icing on my pink cake is that the Company will be matching that amount, meaning the Foundation will receive more than $15,000 to further enrich the lives of women across Canada!

The past eight days have given me quite the ride. And I’m thrilled that this achievement is nicely placed under my Mary Kay Beauty Coat. I cannot express enough how much (more) respect and admiration I have for what each of member of our independent sales force does, day in and day out. It’s hard work!

Thank you for following me in my skin care class adventures – and be sure to stay tuned for my final blog entry, featuring the 13 most important things I learned during my March Madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment