Challenged by Mary Kay Ash's grandson Ryan Rogers, Lynda Rose, Vice President of Sales & Marketing for Mary Kay Canada, is stepping into new shoes as an Independent Beauty Consultant from March 16 - 23. Her goal? To complete 10 skin care classes in 7 days. Read on as she shares her emotions and experiences.
February 11
Today I placed my product order! Now that was fun! I started with limited-edition products and foundations, and I was already at $7200 inventory order! I regrouped and organized myself. What am I going to focus on at my classes? What products am I going to promote? And guess what? I was able to place a much more reasonable order.
I ended up with $3600 for my starting order. It made me realize the importance of inventory. How challenging it must be to do this business without sufficient upfront inventory! The key is to ensure you have the activity to back the inventory, so it doesn’t end up sitting on your shelf!
Inventory and activity are a dance that works together… I take a step and then the customer takes a step!
Isn't it interesting how quickly it adds up when we're shopping for inventory :) I love how you thought about it again and focused on what you'll be presenting at the Skin Care Parties. Thank you for sharing this with us.
ReplyDelete