Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lynda's March Madness: Learning From Leaders

Challenged by Mary Kay Ash's grandson Ryan Rogers, Lynda Rose, Vice President of Sales & Marketing for Mary Kay Canada, is stepping into new shoes as an Independent Beauty Consultant from March 16 - 23. Her goal? To complete 10 skin care classes in 7 days. Read on as she shares her emotions and experiences.

January 23: Jill's Class


Tonight I went to watch a dinner and makeover event. It was fantastic! Jill Ashmore, an Independent Sales Director, was well-prepared, confident and comfortable with the guests.

She shared the passion of this business and the products so beautifully; it made me feel proud to be a part of Mary Kay! Sales were over $1000 and one guest signed her Independent Beauty Consultant Agreement. Yahoo!

January 30: Shannon’s Class

Today I attended a class in St. Thomas, Ontario, presented by Independent Sales Director Shannon Shaffer.

Shannon and I arrived early for the class. Shannon prepared the hostess for the class by giving her a makeover and allowing her to try some other new products. I, on the other hand, was responsible for setting up the table, trays and product!

What a laugh! I gave them enough product to do their faces for a week. I obviously need to work on not squeezing the product tubes so hard. The guests arrived and Shannon did the Satin Hands treatment with them, while I shade-matched them for their foundation.

The show was fabulous! Shannon kept it simple focusing on skin care basics and the sets available to them.

Results

$700 in sales, two follow-up appointments with classes, the hostess signed her Independent Beauty Consultant Agreement that day and purchased $3000 in inventory a few days later!

Lessons Learned
  • Keep it simple

  • Be organized: have your bags, trays and items packed the night before.

  • Most importantly: have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment