Challenged by Mary Kay Ash's grandson Ryan Rogers, Lynda Rose, Vice President of Sales & Marketing for Mary Kay Canada, is stepping into new shoes as an Independent Beauty Consultant from March 16 - 23. Her goal? To complete 10 skin care classes in 7 days. Read on as she shares her emotions and experiences.January 23
Well, I’ve finally returned from Leadership Conference in Houston and I sat at my desk and panicked. I’m now responsible for my ten-show week. My commitment is out there for the world to see. What if I don’t sell anything? What if no one will host a class for me? Will I remember everything? Is this how every new Independent Beauty Consultant feels – I’m sure she does. How do I start? Where do I begin?
I took a deep breath, grabbed a pen and paper and began to write down a list of people I’ll contact to be potential hostesses. My list consisted of only six people!
Now what do I do? Who am I going to contact? As I began talking to people about my ten-show week, people gave me ideas and names. People that I had never, ever considered. And now, I have a list of 20 people, in hopes that ten will hold a class for me.
I also began a list of all the things I was afraid of, what I would need to bring to each class, and other things to remember. I have to admit that after I completed my list I felt so much better. By writing it down and having a plan, I was able to feel more in control instead of these crazy things running through my brain. I’ve been in the cosmetics industry for many years, so I’m not worried about selling. It’s the procedure that makes me nervous, so I just need to plan, plan and review.
I can do this!
I believe in you. You can.
ReplyDeleteTabitha Felix Santana
Independente Beauty Consultant - Mary Kay Brasil
Wow! 13 classes-So proud of you, Lynda! You can do it!
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about doing a 10 show week in March but I am awaiting the arrival of our first grandchild,you never know when he will arrive, therefore I may do it in April instead. I think I'm up to the challenge.