Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lynda's March Madness: I'm Ready

Challenged by Mary Kay Ash's grandson Ryan Rogers, Lynda Rose, Vice President of Sales & Marketing for Mary Kay Canada, is stepping into new shoes as an Independent Beauty Consultant from March 16 - 23. Her goal? To complete 10 skin care classes in 7 days. Read on as she shares her emotions and experiences.

March 15

Oh no…I'm sure I am getting sick! My stomach is flipping and flopping…oh wait, that’s not the flu. Just the million butterflies rolling and smashing around inside my tummy! What a day!

Today is the day when I organized myself. Did I say organized? That is truly the key. So this morning, I did the following:

  • Prepared all my guest packs – this included the new Mirror with Tray, sales slip, mascara wand, headband, disposable facecloth and cotton pads.
  • Prepared my Travel Roll-Up Bags – thanks to Marilyn Bodie and her amazing Independent Sales Directors for sorting me out at Career Conference about this one!
  • Lastly, I prepared my inventory and samples to bring to the class. Currently, I'm at two bags, plus my sample bag. It didn't take as long as I expected, but I must say I’m panicked that I don’t have the entire product or the right product with me. That really has been my biggest fear.

So, I have everything packed and then I realize that I didn't pack a calculator or pens! I’m breathing a little bit better and then I realize I forgot to pack my Flip Chart!

Lastly, I reviewed my schedule for the week: Wednesday two classes, Thursday one class, Friday one class, Saturday two classes, Sunday two classes, Monday two classes, Tuesday one class and Wednesday two classes – which makes thirteen classes for the week!

Time for lunch…I’m exhausted and hungry. I have to admit I didn't look my best today, but I knew I would be opening and unpacking boxes so I wasn’t overly concerned. I‘m sitting at lunch with a co-worker and who walks in? Only the Number One Independent National Sales Director in the Mary Kay world – Barbara Sunden – with her Canadian Independent Sales Director Jill Ashmore! I apologized profusely for how I was looking and what did she say?

“Lynda, I’m so proud of you and I know that you will do just great!”

As I write this I have tears in my eyes. Only at Mary Kay do we take the time to encourage, love and motivate those around us. Barbara – thank you for being my Mary Kay today!


1 comment:

  1. Good Luck, Linda,
    It's going to be a crazy and fun-filled week! Remember to fill out your weekly accomplishmnet sheet! Maybe you'll even have your first team member by this time next week! ;)
    Dale

    ReplyDelete