Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lynda's March Madness: One Down...12 To Go!


Challenged by Mary Kay Ash's grandson Ryan Rogers, Lynda Rose, Vice President of Sales & Marketing for Mary Kay Canada, is stepping into new shoes as an Independent Beauty Consultant from March 16 - 23. Her goal? To complete 10 skin care classes in 7 days. Read on as she shares her emotions and experiences.

March 16

So I just finished my first class and I’m exhausted…mentally, I’m drained. And it’s only been one class!

But I’m happy to say that everything went great. Of course, there were a few glitches.

Five women attended and the class went from 1:00 to 2:38. Now people would say that’s great, but I’m sure I missed a million things along the way. For instance, I forgot to take the protective plastic off the mirrors (no wonder everyone thought their complexion was perfect!), I forgot to give my guests the headbands – and I forgot to have them take off their eye makeup – then quickly realized and had them go back and do it. So many things to remember!

I did use the Flip Chart, but I now realize that I went through it too quickly instead of hitting all of the points. I’ll have to slow down next time around – and remember to let the guests know that all proceeds from the sales are being donated to the Mary Kay Ash Charitable Foundation!

I did a “Kiss & Go” look, which included the cream eye colours, cream blush, mascara and lip gloss. It went over really well and the guests loved it. I nearly forgot the mascara, but caught myself in time! I even sold three mascaras! The TimeWise Liquid Foundations were a huge hit and I’m pleased to say that I sold a brush with every single one.

All in all, it was a great experience – and I have to say that being organized and having everything ready to roll helped me tremendously. The group was really receptive and I was pleased with the sales – which totaled $484! The hostess was pretty good too (wink, wink mom).

Well, even though I’m exhausted, I’m ready to head off to my next class, which starts at 7:00 p.m. I don’t know how I’m going to get through the next six days, but I know I will!

P.S. You can get my official video recap here!



1 comment:

  1. Wow did you ever have a great first day. You are inspiring!
    Pat Bennetto

    ReplyDelete